Thursday, November 29, 2007

My downstairs neighbors.

If I had any say in who lives in my building and who doesn't, I swear I would evict my downstairs neighbors. They're about the same age as me and Jake but seriously have no concept of what's okay and what's not okay. For example, playing Scar Tissue by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers on repeat for nearly three hours at a time, loud enough for it to sound like it's coming from my living room closet is not acceptable. The same goes for Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box. Not that I mind either of these songs but for hours on end? It gets real old, real fast. Another example, playing the bongo drums at 8 am on a Saturday is not acceptable. It's an old building, stuff echoes. And finally, having a party that lasts from the time I go into work at 9pm until well after I get home at 3am is absolutely not okay. I don't like looking out my window and seeing 20 strangers in my courtyard, it makes me feel uneasy. You'd think that after two noise complaints to the cops that they'd figure it out, but I guess not.

2 comments:

aoski said...

That would drive me crazy! I can't stand listening to a song more than two times in the same day, let alone for 3 hours straight.

Kameshia Williams said...

People tend to dont care about others and their personal space so i guess that something you will have to let it be a bad experience and probably want it to be one of your last too